Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Colorless

For the discussion in class about the novel Colorless we touched upon some important themes in terms of what we individually thought about this world's ethos and features. Most of us were in agreement about the world's features, it was much like the world we currently live in today. There is plenty of drudgery surrrounding the events that happen to the main character and even the main character himself is wrapped up in the apathy. This lifelessness that surrounds the character in the beginning shows the apparent ethos of the novel. It is a central theme of the character trying to find himself or as they say get his own color due to him being the only one in his former friend group without a representative color to speak of. And from what I read the hook is him finding out his former friends in search of what his color is.

Even though many found it mundane and kind of boring I actually found the drudgery of everyday life intersting. Its pretty relatable to me, I dont go on wild adventures with larger then life things and people in it. I feel I'm an ordinary guy living out his life and to me "Colorless" seemed like the life and perspective of a guy when bad things have happened. Its him doing self analyzation and the reader getting to experience this change first hand.        

No comments:

Post a Comment