Saturday, April 25, 2015

Anime

Im pretty into anime and manga, I prefer to read a manga before watching the anime adaptation but I've only in the past 6 years really gotten into older genre defining manga and anime rather then the more popular ones like Naruto, Bleach and Death Note. I feel that these stories aren't complete garbage but they are very boring, bland and really add nothing to the genre as a whole besides being popular. These are my own opinions I feel everyone is entitled to their own tastes and preferences just like any other film book or movie. But that being said I would hope people would lean towards things with more substance and story to them because I feel anime is much like film, there are some truly great and innovative examples if you find them don't be fooled into thinking whats trending and popular is the standard for what is good. If your favorite manga is Attack on Titan you should look at what inspired the writer and artist to make it. I said earlier that I tend to like older manga that inspired some of the genres seen now. Some of my favorite ones are Berserk, Evangelion, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Fist of the North Star, DragonBall, Lupin the 3rd and so on. Berserk defined the grim dark fantasy aspect of some manga, Evangelion went against typical mecha stories and focused on psychological aspects of teens. DragonBall is the preeminent adventure story, Fist of the North Star is a staple for one righteous man verses impossible odds and Lupin the 3rd is just a great game of cat and mouse. All im saying is to broaden your horizons and give anime and manga respect.    

No comments:

Post a Comment